Monday, November 22, 2010

candycane

I like learning new things.
I like learning about the things people are passionate about.

I know a lot about guitars.  I know a lot about computers.  I know a lot about hunting.  I know a lot about painting.
None of these are things I'm particularly interested in.

But I knew and (once) love(d) people who did.




I like hearing people speak passionately.
I like seeing eyes light up.
I like collecting the stories that hold a key to identity.




So please, go on, tell me more.
Please.
I want to know.



And maybe some day I'll tell you about dandelions and stars and the smell of rosemary.

1 comment:

  1. I donate blood. Or at least, at one point I did. It's needed for so many people, for healing and for survival. What's an hour or so of my time for the rest of someone's life? I hate that because of my sexual-orientation I'm not allowed to, and hate is a very strong word for me.

    ReplyDelete