I'm normally quite fond of forever.
Eternity.
A perpetual state of being with the universe.
But I don't like that I'm always reminded of that pain. No longer sharp and deep, but a hot feeling in the pit of my stomach that makes me want to retch. Regret.
I can't escape you. You worm your way into the edges of my existence, and I'm unhinged. I'm reminded that I am not someone worth fighting for. I'm reminded that people grow weary of me. I'm reminded that I am always the last person chosen. I'm reminded that my feelings, in the realm of those I care so much about, is often forgotten.
Stop.
Just... stop.
You rotted my brain.
You're sorry right?
I am so fucking tired of this shit. So tired. It's futile and worthless and I keep changing things. I keep taking new paths, setting new courses, saying fuck it like I used to. But I'm still stuck.
Will I ever be the person I was before you?
No. Not possible.
I will always be the person post-you.
The person who now struggles with feeling worthy when I never struggled with that before. I am now the person who second guesses her judgment at every step when I have never had to before. I am now the person who watches every moment carefully when I never used to.
I'm always ready to run. To spring. To leap away.
Clean cuts.
I HATE THIS SO FUCKING MUCH.
I want to live fully and deeply, connecting with everything at all times. But I can't. I'm stuck in this near-flight.
Maybe someday I will trust things (people) again.
You would be doing me a huge favor if you'd get the fuck out of my head though. Stop creeping in and reminding me and making me feel that hurt such that I remember the things you taught me.
I am not worth the effort.
I am not worth your time.
I am not worth a thought.
Dear You,
You once said, tears running down your face, that you felt like a bad person. I felt my heart crunch in and I rushed to assure you No, you are not a bad person. Do not tell yourself such things. You are one of the best people I know.
I admit when I'm wrong. I am quite often wrong about things. Rarely wrong about people. But I was wrong about you.
You are a bad person.
Now let me go.
No comments:
Post a Comment